Patrick Hayden holds the Canada Research Chair in the Physics of Information at McGill University. His research focuses on finding efficient methods for performing the communication tasks that will be required for large-scale quantum information processing. This includes the development of methods for reliably sending quantum states through "noisy" media and for protecting quantum information from unauthorized manipulation. He has also applied these techniques to the question of information loss from black holes. Among Dr. Hayden’s honors, he is a past Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Fellow and Rhodes Scholar.
Past PI Talks:
- From Tornadoes to Black Holes: How to Survive an Information Catastrophe (PI Public Lecture): http://pirsa.org/09040031/
- Black Holes as mirrors: http://pirsa.org/09010031/
- The power of forgetting: http://pirsa.org/07030039/
- Quantum Shannon Theory I: http://pirsa.org/05070089/
- All recorded talks by Prof. Hayden may be viewed here.